Sales documents permissions by channels (teams)
This module adds a new “Sale” group called “User: Team documents”, that includes the proper permissions for showing only the information related to that user sale team (having assigned that team/channel or no team at all, independently from the assigned salesman):
- Quotations/Sales Orders (implemented in sales_team_security_sale)
- Leads/Opportunities (implemented in sales_team_security_crm)
It also handles the propagation of the sales team from commercial partners to the contacts, which standard doesn’t do.
It also handles the sync (auto-creation and remove) of followers in company partners and childs of them according to salesmans. Any example about it: - Partner company > Salesman: Admin - Partner company, Contact 1 > Without salesman - Partner company, Contact 2 > Salesman: Demo All these partners have these followers: Admin + Demo
And finally, there are rules for partners to be restricted to the own ones for the group “User: Own Documents Only” for being coherent with the permission scheme. Someone with this permission will see:
- Contacts without salesman nor team assigned.
- Contacts without salesman assigned, but the same team.
- Contacts with them as salesman, independently from the team.
- Contacts with them as follower.
For keeping consistent accesses, followers of the main and shipping/invoice contacts are synced according the salesman of the children contacts
Table of contents
At installation time, this module sets in all the contacts that have the sales team empty the sales team of the parent, and sync followers in parent contacts and invoice/shipping addresses. If you have a lot of contacts, this operation can take a while.
- Go to Configuration > Users & Companies > Users.
- Open or create a user.
- On the section “Sale”, select “User: Team documents”.
- This module modifies sales security groups hierarchy, so any other module doing something similar might conflict with this one.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/sale-workflow project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.