Change auto installable modules
In odoo, by default some modules are marked as auto installable by the auto_install key present in the manifest.
- This feature is very useful for “glue” modules that allow two modules to work together. (A typical example is sale_stock which allows sale and stock modules to work together).
- However, Odoo SA also marks some modules as auto installable, even though this is not technically required. This can happen for modules the company wants to promote like iap, modules with a big wow effect like partner_autocomplete, or some modules they consider useful by default like account_edi. See the discussion: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/71190
This module allows to change by configuration, the list of auto installable modules, adding or removing some modules to auto install.
Table of contents
You don’t have to install this module. To make the features working :
- make the module module_change_auto_install available in your addons path
- update your odoo.cfg following the “Configure” section
- Edit your odoo.cfg configuration file:
- Add the module module_change_auto_install in the server_wide_modules list.
- (optional) Add a new entry modules_auto_install_disabled to mark a list of modules as NOT auto installable.
- (optional) Add a new entry modules_auto_install_enabled to mark a list of modules as auto installable. This feature can be usefull for companies that are hosting a lot of Odoo instances for many customers, and want some modules to be always installed.
server_wide_modules = web,module_change_auto_install modules_auto_install_disabled = partner_autocomplete,iap,mail_bot,account_edi,account_edi_facturx,account_edi_ubl modules_auto_install_enabled = web_responsive,web_no_bubble,base_technical_features,disable_odoo_online,account_menu
Run your instance and check logs. Modules that has been altered should be present in your log, at the load of your instance:
INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'iap' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'mail_bot' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'partner_autocomplete' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'account_edi' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'account_edi_facturx' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.addons.module_change_auto_install.patch: Module 'account_edi_ubl' has been marked as not auto installable. INFO db_name odoo.modules.loading: 42 modules loaded in 0.32s, 0 queries (+0 extra)
If you upgrade your odoo Instance from a major version to another, using the OCA Free Software project “OpenUpgrade”, you can also use this module during the upgrade process, to avoid the installation of useless new modules.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.