This module allows the administrator to log user operations performed on data models such as create, read, write and delete.
Table of contents
Go to Settings / Technical / Audit / Rules to subscribe rules. A rule defines which operations to log for a given data model.
Then, check logs in the Settings / Technical / Audit / Logs menu. You can group them by user sessions, date, data model or HTTP requests:
Get the details:
A scheduled action exists to delete logs older than 6 months (180 days) automatically but is not enabled by default. To activate it and/or change the delay, go to the Configuration / Technical / Automation / Scheduled Actions menu and edit the Auto-vacuum audit logs entry:
There are two possible groups configured to which one may belong. The first is the Auditlog User group. This group has read-only access to the auditlogs of individual records through the View Logs action. The second group is the Auditlog Manager group. This group additionally has the right to configure the auditlog configuration rules.
- log only operations triggered by some users (currently it logs all users)
- log read operations does not work on all data models, need investigation
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Sebastien Alix <[email protected]>
- Holger Brunn <[email protected]>
- Holden Rehg <[email protected]>
- Eric Lembregts <[email protected]>
- Pieter Paulussen <[email protected]>
- Alan Ramos <[email protected]>
- Stefan Rijnhart <[email protected]>
- Bhavesh Odedra <[email protected]>
- Hardik Suthar <[email protected]>
- Kitti U. <[email protected]>
- Bogdan Valentin Gabor <[email protected]>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.