This module adds popup announcements in the backend for targeted internal users. Those announcements can contain rich format and a user read log is kept for everyone.
Table of contents
To create new announcements a user should be in the Announcements Managers group. When your user has such permissions, this is the way to create an announcement:
- Go to Discuss > Announcements
- Create a new one and define a title. This title will be shown in the announcement header.
- Define the announcement scope:
- Specific users: manually select which users will see the announcement.
- User groups: users from the selected groups will be the ones to see the announcement.
- Define the announcement body. You can use rich formatting and event paste your own html (editor in debug mode).
- By default, the announcement will be archived. This is to prevent the announcement to show up before time.
- Once the announcement is ready, unarchive it going to the Actions menu an choosing the Unarchive option.
- Optionally you can set an announcement date to schedule the announcement. The announcement won’t show up until that date.
- If the announcement doesn’t make sense once a date is passed, you can set a due date. From that date, the announcement won’t be shown to anyone.
There’s a soft compatibility with OCA’s web_dialog_size module. If the instance has the module installed, you’ll have the dialog resize controls by default in the announcements. Additionally, you can show the announcement dialogs expanded to the screen full width by default setting the system parameter key announcement.full_size with to any value. Remove the parameter record to disable this behavior.
When a user in the scope of active announcements logs in, those will popup. The user has to mark them as read to continue working. If the announcement is set during the user session, the announcement will be eventually prompted in the top bar on the right part. The user click on the unread announcements icon (a speaker) and the announcements will popup for the user to check them.
Users can go Discuss > Announcements to check current and past announcements. Announcement managers can also track which users have read the announcement.
- It could be integrated in Discuss app to review past announcements.
- Log other information like geolocation, IP, browser agent, etc when marking announcement as read.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-ux project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.